To be eligible for consideration, companies must meet the following criteria:
- Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business or government entity
- Be a publicly or privately held business
- Have a facility in the state of Hawaii
- Have a minimum of 15 employees working in the state of Hawaii*
- Be in business a minimum of 1 year
* To ensure the credibility of the information, companies with 15-24 employees must have an 80% (or better) response rate from their employees filling out the survey.
Starting with the 2013 Best Places to Work in Hawaii list, winning companies will be categorized by the number of employees located and working in Hawaii.
Note: This change has no impact on which organizations do and do not make the list. It only impacts which size category the companies are in.